Andrew's Cathedral, the present mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Glasgow).
The title cathedral is honorific and historic, dating from the period before the Scottish Reformation and its former status as the Roman Catholic mother church of the Archdiocese of Glasgow and thus the cathedra of the Archbishop of Glasgow (which is now in St.The previous minister was the Very Rev William Morris, who was minister from 1967 until retiring in November 2005.James IV ratified the treaty of Perpetual Peace with England at the high altar on 10 December 1502.Twenty years after the Reformation, on 22 April 1581 James VI granted the income from a number of lands to Glasgow town for the kirk's upkeep.
Glasgow Cathedral is located north of High Street and east of Cathedral Street, beside the Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
The history of the cathedral is linked with that of the city, and is allegedly located where the patron saint of Glasgow, Saint Mungo, built his church. Walter Scott's novel Rob Roy gives an account of the kirk.